Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Handyman

Since Brian and I were married 5 years ago, we've poked fun at each other for our lack of typical roles around the house. I am no gourmet cook---if it doesn't come out of a box or a can, it is too complicated for me to make. Brian is a much better cook than I am...he begins planning his "masterpieces" for Saturday on Monday (I cook Monday through Thursday; he's in charge of Friday through Sunday). And Brian, bless his heart, was not endowed with the skills of a handyman. When it comes to fixing something, I'm the woman for the job. That has driven him crazy for 5 years, and he can't stand it when I boast to people how I fix stuff around the house. (By the way, I'm most proud of the fact that I rewired our phone lines and saved us a $100 service charge from AT&T....Sorry, Brian, I had to throw it in!) So, lately Brian has tried to prove his handy skills around the house. At Christmas he put all of the toys together...in January, he fixed the leaking shower...and Monday night he bought me an elliptical and put it together. Poor thing, it took him 4 hours to get it put together from the hundreds of pieces in which it came. He was so proud of himself when he showed me the finished product. He even wanted to demonstrate what a good job he had done.........and then CRUNCH. The elliptical foot went right through the wall. We'll see how handy he is patching the three inch hole in the wall (grin, grin). Husbands...you gotta love them.

No comments: